Ava as a Can-Can Dancer for Halloween
My babies are growing up so fast. They just turned 8 months and they are exploding with developmental growth. Elsa has completely grown out of her acid reflux. She is off her Nexium and hardly spits up at all. She is almost crawling and went from only sitting for a minute at the end of last week to sitting for a really long time before teatering over to one side. She is also trying to go from a laying down position to a sitting position and has almost made it.

A few days ago I walked into the nursery and Violet was on her knees with her hands firmly grasping the top of the crib and she was laughing with delight. She was so delighted with herself that she was on her knees holding on to the top of the crib and she could barely contain herself. She laughed in that Violet kind of laugh and then I laughed. We both shared a good laugh and then I said to myself, crap, she is going to fall out of the crib soon! Time to lower the mattress. A few weeks ago Violet would take one coordinated crawl — one knee, one arm motion — before moving into her forward lunge to grab a toy. That evolved into the “I got shot in one leg” crawl where she used one leg and her arms, the other leg dead to the world. Today, she is a proud crawler. All of this progression transpired over a few short weeks. She does a real honest to goodness crawl from one end of the room to the next, sometimes laughing at herself along the way. She is a woman of many emotions, going from ecstatic to erratic all within one minute. Oh, shades of her older sister. It is a red-headed quality for sure.

Preston is a joyous boy of late. He wakes up with a huge smile on his face and continues with his jovial spirit throughout the day. Sometimes I hear him kicking his mobile in the middle of the night in an attempt to get it to start, which sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t. I go up to check on him and he is wide awake and gives me the biggest grin in the world. I feel so loved like there was no one else in the whole world he would rather see at 3am other than me. Of course, maintaining my stringent sleep training, I don’t dare pick him up. I only put my hand on his sweet little face and give him a big smile back and then I go back to bed.

Preston likes to hear himself scream and these days he is only getting around by rolling. I told him that he better work on his crawling skills since the girls are pretty much crawling and are going to literally plow right over him. That is what my triplets do – they roll over each other, grab each others feet, face, limbs, try and rip each others eyes out, fun stuff like that – and if the baby girls have crawling down before him, he is sure to be crushed. They do it in love though, I swear. You should see the smiles on their faces when they see each other.

A few days ago Preston fell out of his Bumbo seat that I put on the kitchen table and feed them in. They have been trying for months to climb out of that thing and the other day I was standing right there, luckily, since I am not always standing right there, and Preston leaned over to get something and gracefully fell from the seat and hit his head on the kitchen table and would’ve proceeded over the table onto the ground if I wasn’t there to catch him. Guess what I went out and bought? Yep, three booster chairs that I can strap them in and that has a tray.

The award for most adored in the household goes to Ava Rose. Those babies light up like the messiah has entered the room when Ava appears. Ava loves her babies just as much. She says she is the boss of the babies. I know she says this because it makes her crazy that she isn’t the boss of Chris and I and she is sure she should be the boss of someone, so she has claimed that she is and will forever be the boss of the babies. I told her the other day that one day the babies might not be so compliant with her communist rule. She didn’t care.

The Ava-ism for the day:

“Violet is the prettiest baby, Elsa is the funniest baby and Preston is the most handsomest baby.”
Asked by Chris, “Ava, why is Violet the prettiest baby?” “Because she has red hair like me”.

Today we went to the Country Days Halloween bash which was so much fun. There were games, candy, cupcakes and the kids looked so adorable in their costumes. Ava is a Can Can dancer this year and her costume is so adorable, which is nice since I paid too much money for it.

Happy Halloween everyone!

Can Can Dancer and 8 Month Babes

13 thoughts on “Can Can Dancer and 8 Month Babes

• April 7, 2014 at 6:39 am

Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google,
    and found that it is truly informative. I am going
    to watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you continue
    this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!

• April 23, 2014 at 12:09 am

hey there and thank you for your info – I have certainly picked up something
    new from right here. I did however expertise some technical points using this site, since
    I experienced to reload the site a lot of times previous to I could get it to
    load correctly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK?
    Not that I’m complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement
    in google and could damage your high-quality score if ads and marketing
    with Adwords. Anyway I’m adding this RSS to my email and could look out for much more
    of your respective exciting content. Ensure that you
    update this again very soon.

• April 24, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Genuinely no matter if someone doesn’t understand afterward its up to other viewers that
    they will assist, so here it takes place.

• May 8, 2014 at 5:47 pm

I write a comment whenever I like a article on a site or I have
    something to add to the conversation. It is triggered
    by the sincerness communicated in the post I read. And after this post Can
    Can Dancer and 8 Month Babes | The Hip Mothership. I was actually moved enough to leave
    a thought 😉 I do have some questions for you if it’s allright.
    Could it be only me or does it look like a few of these responses look like written by
    brain dead folks? 😛 And, if you are writing on
    other places, I’d like to keep up with you. Would you list all of all your public sites like your linkedin profile,
    Facebook page or twitter feed?

• May 8, 2014 at 6:41 pm

I’ve been browsing online greater than three hours today, but I by no means found any
    attention-grabbing article like yours. It’s lovely worth enough for me.

In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made excellent content as you probably did, the internet shall
    be much more helpful than ever before.

• August 16, 2014 at 2:57 am

All thus concerns the latest game from SNK Playmore, immediately after a few very
    good PC-Ports world famous Metal Slug collection, made a decsion to provide lovers a brand-new good
    game such as Metal Slug Defense, in that instead of functioning the boards and innovative stategies too actually land up lots of predators, we’re goling to instruction our very own defense force.

The plot involving Defense Metal Slug isn’t going to meets background which lashed before my very own little brown eyes.
    With many short paragraphs, exactly whhat the video game gives aall of us inn the initial,
    we all learn that the most important rrogue series, despite the extreme defeat that he caused in the
    first sort areas, managed to get upp from this man’s legs and started to accumulate all over her once again insurgent
    armed service, which as expected hit in debris.

Metal Slug Defesnse is going to be a game title that can be tremendously compelling annd
    achieving the principal ffor this vaariety of video gaming solutions.
    It is genuine that struggling quite often subtle manipulate trouble,
    however they’re not really seriuous adequate to be able to impact the over-all reception with regards to the particular subject.
    Metal Slug Defense online Game will be able to for tyis reason suggest to individuals
    which never evsr decided not to notice approximately
    Metwl Slug together with those who spend the
    whole day looking at the screen most typically associated with
    slots with the unbelievable shooting.

• August 21, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Generally I do not read article on blogs, however I wish to say that
    this write-up very compelled me to check
    out and do it! Your writing taste has been surprised me.
    Thank you, quite great post.

• August 29, 2014 at 8:49 pm

Starting a repair or improvement project when a problem is first noticed will often save
    money. In starting the remodel or upgrading process,
    focus on areas with the most bang for the buck.
    An area that is important to individual with needs other than the norm is the bathroom area.

• Pingback: anxiety test scale

• September 28, 2014 at 1:55 pm

Howdy! This blog post couldn’t be written any better!
    Going through this article reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He constantly kept talking about this. I will forward this article to him.

Pretty sure he’ll have a great read. Thank you for sharing!

• October 5, 2014 at 8:58 am

A este respecto, M. Teresa Guillot Cárdenas, especialista en dermatología del Hospital General
    Regional No. doce del IMSS, de Mérida, Yucatán, México, señala que, de 35 a ochenta
    por ciento de los pacientes diabéticos padece dermatitis seborreica.

• October 6, 2014 at 5:36 pm

In a few seconds, you will get a list of stores that are having DVDs for sale.
    Now although the ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ author failed to confirm whether
    these two pairs of feet were in fact Dornan and Johnson, all of the evidence points
    to the idea that our Christian Grey has finally met
    with his Anastasia Steele, bringing news of the movie to the forefront headlines once again, and reminding all of us fellow fans
    that the film is preparing to begin production and, soon after, filming.
    Heartless rejection from Oscar proves to be the catalyst for Theodora’s devolution.

• March 25, 2015 at 12:31 am

It’s really a great and useful piece of information. I am
    satisfied that you simply shared this helpful
    info with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks
    for sharing.