We were teased by a little bit of lovely spring weather and now it is 40 degrees outside and we are stuck indoors. The little kids all have a virus. Preston has bronchitis again. He is wheezing and coughing this horrible hacking cough. On Friday he had “shiny clean eardrums”. He had clear lungs. He didn’t have any visible mucus, but he was acting very strange and had a fever. My Monday, bronchitis. Violet has bronchitis and an ear infection. Elsa has a sinus infection. Ava and I have the common cold. The little kids are not eating much food. Violet is down to 20 pounds again. She almost weighed a whopping 22 pounds before this illness struck.

We have had to postpone our trip to Monterey and San Luis Obispo to next Sunday because of illnesses and rainy weather in SLO. I figure, if we are taking all of these little kids on a “vacation”, the conditions must at least be positive. Healthy kids and good weather would be helpful. Let’s face it, the trip is going to be challenging enough without the added adverse conditions.

Perhaps Ava’s singing will help us all feel better for our trip. Ava belts out tunes about the lord each day. And when I say belts, I mean she really sings it as loudly and passionately as possible. There is a lot of nonsensical filler that Chris and I cannot quite make out, but when she belts out her chorus, Got Jesus in your heart, we all feel blessed. Maybe the nonsensical filler in between the main chorus is Ava speaking in tongues, I am not quite sure. But believe me, we are definitely feeling blessed and holy at the same time in our house.
I feel that I haven’t blogged in awhile and I should have more to say, but alas, I am tired and I have this past season of Mad Men waiting for me, calling my name, in my bedroom.

Ava-isms:
Ava asked me the other day where daddy is. I said, “he is at Starbucks working.” She said in her most disbelieving tone of voice “he’s passing out scones to people?” I said, “no, he isn’t working behind the counter at Starbucks, he brought his laptop to Starbucks and is doing his job at Starbucks.

I asked Ava if she is sure she wants to wear her new fancy sparkly gemmy sandals to the park and in the sandbox and she replied “but mom, that is why they are called sandals. Get it, Sand-als?” Outsmarted again.

Jesus in our Heart, But Snot in Our Nose

9 thoughts on “Jesus in our Heart, But Snot in Our Nose

• March 30, 2010 at 4:25 am

Geez your kids are small…we're at 32 plus all around. I envy your back. ha ha.Sorry you're sick and trapped inside. We go out regardless unless there's barfing. oh heck we go out then too as long as they don't barf regularly. We don't care who else we infect. bwa ha ha ha

• July 27, 2014 at 7:02 pm

If your skin is not properly moisturize, it will dry
    and age faster. Having a well hydrated body is a sure way of having your
    energy levels high at all times. It must be protected well if the body is to be kept safe and healthy without any serious problems.

• July 28, 2014 at 8:01 am

The combined elimination of emotional trauma and the nutritional support is an incredibly powerful package that promotes health and well being
    faster than any other method currently available for treating arthritis.
    The kitchen and bathroom are the places that we hang out in, at the
    end of a hard day. This can be an especially difficult task if you have
    oily skin.

• August 20, 2014 at 3:38 am

A person having little expertise meanwhile can handle these
    issues before a professional comes in frame.
    Arranging a remodeling dependably begins with great aims: “We should overhaul the split and peeling flooring, floor in the kitchen,” you say.
    Consider a walk-in pantry or an oversized wall cabinet that’s at least 36 inches wide and 24 inches deep.

• August 21, 2014 at 2:06 am

They handle the tasks of relocation with attention. And
    anyone reading these installments are now aware of how
    laid bare my life is becoming. These type of companies work either
    in the form of a franchise or a licensed company.

• August 21, 2014 at 8:20 am

With our HCG diet program you will not face all such problems.
    The reason why hcg is produced during pregnancy is to keep the fetus
    and the pregnant woman nourished early on when the mother to be may not realize she is with child and extra nutrition is required by the growing
    baby. This can be easily found online using any major search
    engine such as Google or Yahoo.

• August 22, 2014 at 4:43 pm

After a feѡ weeks, he ƅecame lead singer forr the Tam Tam house Ƅand,
    and would typically wear ѕoo much make-up onstage that one occasion, the microphone became
    smeared іn lipstick; but the patrons liked him, aand he’d pose
    andd pout and throw hiѕ sparе frzme about for their
    Ƅenefit. Third World’s ѕuccess continued through the 1980s and into the 1990s with several label changes (CBS, Mercury) andd
    the releawe oof many more albums with crossover hits that reched the
    R&B, pop and dance charrts andd adԁed tߋ their international stature.The most notable conquer generating sօftware titles that are offered need to include useful
    video tutorials as well as booҟs to help you ǥet pcking iit ԛuickly and ɑcquire the moѕt from
    the fսctions it provides.

• August 29, 2014 at 10:23 pm

Fortunately, there are a number of treatments available if you suffer from this unfortunate condition. Also sign up for my pet
    blog and let me know if you have questions or concerns regarding your pets.
    Simply put, the heat destroys the whole hair follicle
    permanently.

• September 5, 2014 at 4:22 am

To know more about the types of cosmetic surgery procedures and how it changed
    people’s lives, check out Dr. Wondering how to get a boob job
    is more than just the surgery, it is the recovery and the
    lifetime of having the implants in your body and issues that may occur years later.

Facials at the beauty salon, Botox injections,
    laser or thermage technicians etc.